Welcome Future Soccer Referees!
On this page you will find everything you need to know to become a Parks and Recreation soccer referee.
I’m interested, what do I need to do?
- Be 14 years or older.
- Email Seth Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7th with your name, phone number and best email address and let him know you are interested in becoming a referee!
- All first time referee’s need to show up to an on-field training on August 8th at the Blackwell Soccer Complex. Meet at the restroom building by the playground. In addition, all first time referees must watch 20 short videos ahead of the training. You can access these videos about the rules of soccer here. Be sure to watch the referee signal training at the end!
- Read the below documents before the training on August 8th:
- Referee Manual
- Ref Pay Rates and Dates
- Rules by Division
- Concussion Sheet
- Print the Referee Training Quiz, take the quiz and bring the completed quiz with you on August 8th.
- Print and fill out the Independent Contractor Form and W-9 Form and bring it with you on August 8th or to the first game you work.
- If you are interested in becoming FIFA certified, please visit here.
2023 Fall Soccer Season Dates
The first game for the spring season is Saturday, August 12th and the last game is Saturday, September 16th. Games are played at 8:30am-1pm (at the latest) each Saturday with Sunday’s being reserved for makeup games starting at 1pm.