Welcome Future Soccer Referees!
On this page you will find everything you need to know to become a Parks and Recreation soccer referee.
I’m interested, what do I need to do?
- Be 14 years or older.
- Email Collin Lollar at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th with your name, phone number and best email address and let him know you are interested in becoming a referee!
- All first time referee’s need to show up to an on-field training on March 20th at the Blackwell Soccer Complex. Meet at the restroom building by the playground. In addition, all first time referees must watch 20 short videos ahead of the training. You can access these videos about the rules of soccer here. Be sure to watch the referee signal training at the end!
- Read the below documents before the training on March 20th:
- Print the Referee Training Quiz, take the quiz and bring the completed quiz with you on March 20th.
- Print and fill out the Independent Contractor Form and W-9 Form and bring it with you on March 20th or to the first game you work.
- If you are interested in becoming FIFA certified, please visit here.
2024 Spring Soccer Season Dates
The first game for the spring season is Saturday, March 23rd and the last game is Saturday, April 27th. Games are played at 8:30am-1pm (at the latest) each Saturday with Sunday’s being reserved for makeup games starting at 1pm.