Welcome Future Soccer Referees!
On this page you will find everything you need to know to become a Parks and Recreation soccer referee.
I’m interested, what do I need to do?
- Be 14 years or older.
- Email Seth Rice at email@example.com by March 22nd at 5pm with your name, phone number and best email address and let him know you are interested in becoming a referee!
- All first time referee’s need to show up to an on-field training on March 25th from 5pm-6pm at the Blackwell Soccer Complex. Meet at the restroom building by the playground. In addition, all first time referees must watch 20 short videos ahead of the training on March 25th. You can access these videos about the rules of soccer here. Be sure to watch the referee signal training at the end!
- Read the below documents before the training on March 25th:
- Print the Referee Training Quiz, take the quiz and bring the completed quiz with you on March 25th.
- Print and fill out the Independent Contractor Form and W-9 From and bring it with you on March 25th or to the first game you work.
- If you are interested in becoming FIFA certified, please visit here.
2022 Spring Soccer Season Dates
The first game for the fall season is Saturday, March 26 and the last game is Saturday, April 30. Games are played at 8:30am-1pm (at the latest) each Saturday with Sunday’s being reserved for makeup games starting at 1pm.