Chuck Wilt Youth Scholarship Program
Recipients of the Chuck Wilt Youth Scholarship Program can be approved for $140.00 per child per calendar year. If you do not use the full $140.00 by December 31, the balance will go back into the scholarship program. Families can apply each calendar year.
To be eligible for the Chuck Wilt Youth Scholarship Program, all families must show proof of residency in Bartholomew County and proof that the child is under their care (School document, Medical or Insurance document, Birth Certificate, Social Security card, Hoosier Healthwise card, most recent 1040 with dependents).
Families will also need to show proof of receiving at least one of the following:
- Social Security Supplemental or Disability Income
- Public assistance through the Division of Family Resources, i.e., Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Food Stamps
- Free lunch assistance through the local schools
- Public assistance through the City of Columbus Housing Authority
- Hoosier Healthwise Card
- If a family has foster children in their household, we will need to see foster paperwork.
- Scholarship Amount – Individuals are eligible for a maximum of $140.00 per child for the calendar year.
- Scholarships will be awarded only as funds are available.
- Children under the age of 18 are eligible for a scholarship.
- Eligible programs – All Parks and Recreation programs. Scholarship does not cover season passes, private instruction, daily admission, equipment rentals and tickets to local events.
- Families residing in Bartholomew County are eligible.
- Scholarships are available for immediate members of a family or foster children who live with the family throughout the year. Scholarships are not available for friends or relatives visiting or staying for a period of time. Scholarships for such individuals should be submitted by the parent/guardian for that family, if applicable.
- Approval of the scholarship is subject to verification of the information provided with the application.
- Applicants will receive notification or approval or denial via phone within 7 business days from the date of the application.
- The Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to revoke admission to a facility, program, or activity for misuse or cause.
If you would like to apply, you will need to fill out our scholarship application and email it to email@example.com or return it to Donner Center (739 22nd Street, Columbus, IN 47201) with the eligibility required paperwork above. Call Donner Center (812-376-2680) if you have questions.
Chuck Wilt Youth Scholarship Application (PDF)
Solicitud de Chuck Wilt Youth Scholarship (PDF)