Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close courts if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Donner Pickleball Courts are open for play
- Restrooms are open and sanitized per CDC guidelines
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the courts if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are required when you cannot social distance (6 ft)
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home to avoid use of a public facility.
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle, drinking fountains will not be turned on.
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow.
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings.
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times.
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home.
Program Rules (adults, youth and any permitted users must follow these guidelines)
- Ease back into your Pickleball play, especially if you are a competitive Pickleball player, in order to prevent injury from under-playing.
- Try to limit your Pickleball play to only people that you are quarantined with and others that are considered low-risk individuals.
- Clean your Pickleball equipment (including your Pickleball paddle, Pickleballs, grips, hats, wristbands, towels, water bottles, and any other gear or equipment that you plan on taking to the Pickleball court).
- Use new Pickleballs and have multiple Pickleballs so that you only touch and serve with your own Pickleball. Your opponent only touches and serves his/her Pickleball.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from all Pickleball players at all times; this includes if you are waiting for your turn outside of the court.
- Do not touch any Pickleball players (i.e. do not hug, shake hands, high five, paddle tap, etc.) – Completely avoid contact.
- Consider wearing gloves on both hands.
- Do not pick up any Pickleball, other than yours, with your hand; rather, kick the Pickleball in the desired direction using the bottom of your shoe. Consider writing your name on the ball.
- Leave the Pickleball court immediately after playing – in other words, avoid socializing or gathering after play (call your friends and arrange a virtual happy hour instead!).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after leaving the Pickleball court.
For more information about changes in game play for the various sports that utilize our complex on a routine basis, please visit the below listed National or State Governing organization. We are abiding by and requiring our user groups who use the complex, to abide by these National and/or State (whichever is more stringent) organization guidelines for return to play.