A visit to Columbus Dog Park is a special treat for everyone, not just your pups. Located inside Clifty Woods at the corner of Marr Road and Hollowell Drive, it is a fenced off-leash recreational area allowing dogs of all sizes to run, play, and socialize with other four-legged friends under the supervision of their owners. Columbus Parks & Recreation Dog Park offers separate areas for large and small dogs, along with a water station, park benches, picnic tables, a large shelter and shade trees. Dog potty-bag stations are provided and all dog owners are required to clean up after their dogs.
Hours of Operation
Columbus Parks and Recreation Dog Park operates under the hours of dawn to 11:00 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
One Dog – $25
Two Dogs – $45
Each Additional Dog After Two – $15
Replacement Cards – $5
You must vaccinate your dog(s) for rabies, bordetella, distemper & parvo before purchasing a Dog Park Membership. Call Donner Center at (812) 376-2680 to start your membership. Print the Dog Park Application (PDF).
Dog Park Rules
- Hours of operation are Monday-Sunday Dawn to 11pm.
- Dog’s “in heat”, ill, or injured are not permitted in the Dog Park.
- Handlers* are legally and personally responsible for all damage / injury caused by their dog.
- Handlers* must carry a leash and use the pick-up baggies to dispose of your dog’s waste in the receptacles provided.
- Be cautious with dog toys; some dogs don’t like to share.
- Aggressive behavior towards people and/or other dogs should be leashed AND removed from the park promptly. Immediately report any bite or attack to the Donner Park Office.
- Dogs must be at least four months old.
- Handlers* may use only bite-sized treats in Dog Park. Do not feed treats to other dogs without owner’s permission!
- Food (human and dog) and glass containers are not permitted.
- No pets other than dogs are permitted in Dog Park.
- Handlers* must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill in all holes.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering & exiting the Dog Park and must be leashed at all times outside the Dog Park.
- Dog Park is subject to patrol by animal control and park staff.
- Access to Dog Park will be restricted during select special events and periodic maintenance and turf management. If restricted, notification will be posted.
- Allowing others to enter the Dog Park under your card number- Member and/or non-members is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the Dog Park unless accompanied by an adult.
- Professional dog trainers may not use this area to conduct business.
- Handlers* must monitor their dog’s behavior and stay within view of pet at all time.
*A Handler is defined as anyone, owner or other, responsible for a dog(s) utilizing the Dog Park. These rules are subject to change without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in the membership with Columbus Parks & Recreation Department Dog Park being revoked.