Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close courts if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Courts are open for casual play
- Restrooms are closed for the season
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the courts if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks.
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.).
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are required.
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes (50 as of 11/16/2020) WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or).
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home.
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle.
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow.
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings.
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times.
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home.
Program Rules (adults, youth and any permitted users must follow these guidelines)
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from all other players on the court at all times; this includes if you are waiting for your turn outside of the court.
- Suspend the protocol of teams switching sides during play. In the event there is a clear and distinct disadvantage then teams will switch sides, observing all social distancing protocols.
- Establish volleyball specific social distancing match protocols including the elimination of handshakes, high fives, and huddles. Also, the modified coin toss, warm-up and substitution procedures should be used.
- Refrain from using an immediately adjacent court whenever possible – guidelines call for a minimum of 25 feet between courts utilized.
- Stagger match start times to space out participant’s entry.
- Create no touch procedures for trophy, medal & award distribution.
- Avoid touching your face after touching the ball or other equipment.
- Leave the court immediately after playing – in other words, avoid socializing or congregating after play (call your friends and arrange a virtual happy hour instead!).
- Sanitize courts, volleyballs, rakes, and all equipment after each match.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after leaving the court.
For more information about changes in game play for volleyball, please visit the below listed National or State Governing organization. We are abiding by and requiring our user groups who use the complex, to abide by these National and/or State (whichever is more stringent) organization guidelines for return to play.
- Volleyball – Please visit USA Volleyball Return to Play Guidelines