Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close these facilities if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- No new shelter reservations for the winter season
- If used without a reservation, social distancing guidelines, maximum gathering sizes and shelter capacity are required to be followed.
- Restrooms are closed
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the shelters if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- Face coverings are required
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes (50 people as of 11/16/2020) WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.