Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close these facilities if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Shelter reservation and use may resume May 22, 2020
- Picnic tables will be placed back in shelters beginning May 22, 2020 and will be added such that social distancing guidelines, maximum gathering sizes and shelter capacity are accommodated for.
- Restrooms will be opened beginning May 22, 2020 on a staggered basis throughout all parks
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the complex if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are highly recommended
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle, drinking fountains will not be turned on until after July 4
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.