Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close playgrounds if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Per the Governor’s Back on Track Indiana and Executive Orders, playgrounds shall remain closed until his office provides further guidance and a date to reopen.
- Restrooms will be opened beginning May 22, 2020 on a staggered basis throughout all parks
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the playgrounds if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks.
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.).
- Face coverings are highly recommended for everyone over 2 years of age.
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or).
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home.
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle, drinking fountains will not be turned on until after July 4.
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times.
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home.
- Playgrounds are cleaned according to CDC guidelines.