Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close this facility if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Complex is closed for the season, casual play is permitted
- Restrooms are closed for the season
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the complex if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks.
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (high-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system).
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are required
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes (50 people as of 11/16/2020) WHILE ensuring your are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home
Programs Rules (Adult & youth recreational, travel and permitted uses must follow these guidelines)
- Minimize physical touching between players, coaches and spectators; eliminate all celebratory contact
- If required by your governing organization, coaches are required to wear appropriate face coverings during training sessions. If not required, face coverings for coaches are HIGHLY recommended. Players should be allowed to wear masks while training, but this will be a personal choice of the player’s parent of guardian. If required by your governing organization, any other individuals attending the training session are required to wear appropriate face coverings and follow social distancing guidelines. If not required, face coverings are HIGHLY recommended.
- Eliminate shared equipment which could include, pinnies, balls, water bottles, towels, etc. The handling of all training items (i.e., cones, flags, goals etc.) should be limited to coaches.
- Coaches should avoid having players stand or assemble in lines or small groups. Coaches should alter their training methods to incorporate appropriate social distancing (maintaining 6’ distancing between players when providing instruction, etc.). It is recommended that player and referee benches be removed, and that players and referees provide their own individual seating to allow for 6’ separation.
- Any facilities that are accessible during training and games should be cleaned and disinfected more regularly. Parks will be routinely cleaning with a higher frequency but This is the responsibility of the permitted user or public user.
- Bring your own seating, spectator seating will be removed or cordoned off.
- And contracted or permitted users, should assign people to be physically present to monitor fields and facilities to politely but firmly ask any groups of parents or players to disperse and maintain appropriate distancing and that failure to do so risks the sanctioning and protection (including insurance) for the players and the club. Parks is NOT patrolling to enforce social distancing, however, if we see it is being abused we reserve the right to close the complex.
For more information about changes in game play for the various sports that utilize our complex on a routine basis, please visit the below listed National or State Governing organization. We are abiding by and requiring our user groups who use the complex, to abide by these National and/or State (whichever is more stringent) organization guidelines for return to play.