Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close courts if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Courts are open, follow social distancing, max gathering and mask wearing rules and regulations
- Restrooms are closed for the season throughout the park system
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the courts if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are required
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes (50 as of 11/16/2020) WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home
Program Rules (adults, youth and any permitted users must follow these guidelines)
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from all other players on the court at all times; this includes if you are waiting for your turn outside of the court.
- Single and individual use activities only; no group play unless in a shared household.
- Do not touch any other players on the court (for instance, do not hug, shake hands, high five, etc.).
- Avoid touching your face after touching the ball or other equipment.
- Avoid sharing water, towels, or other materials with any other players.
- Leave the court immediately after playing – in other words, avoid socializing or congregating after play (call your friends and arrange a virtual happy hour instead!).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after leaving the court.