Columbus Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close courts if we deem necessary due to individuals not respecting guidelines established as indicated below.
- Complex will reopen May 22, 2020
- Rims will begin to be installed the week of May 24, 2020 and are expected to continue to be installed through June 1, 2020. Large parks will be completed first, moving immediately thereafter to our smaller parks.
- Restrooms will be opened beginning May 22, 2020 on a staggered basis throughout all parks
- Social distancing of 6 foot by all individuals in the complex EXCEPT those that have been quarantined in the same household.
- Do NOT come to the courts if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are highly recommended
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle, drinking fountains will not be turned on until after July 4
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before you event begins to decrease gatherings
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home
Program Rules (adults, youth and any permitted users must follow these guidelines)
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from all other players on the court at all times; this includes if you are waiting for your turn outside of the court.
- Single and individual use activities only; no group play unless in a shared household.
- Do not touch any other players on the court (for instance, do not hug, shake hands, high five, etc.).
- Avoid touching your face after touching the ball or other equipment.
- Avoid sharing water, towels, or other materials with any other players.
- Leave the court immediately after playing – in other words, avoid socializing or congregating after play (call your friends and arrange a virtual happy hour instead!).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after leaving the court.